Flash sound not working in Firefox

Discussion in 'Software' started by urmom, May 11, 2008.

1. urmom

urmom Private First Class

So for some reason a few weeks ago the sound for any flash video on my computer stopped working and I can't figure out how to fix it. I am running Firefox 2.0.0.14 on Vista Home Premium. I have the latest Flash player and Java installed on my computer. It says that Java is enabled under Tools>Options.

Also, I wasn't sure if this should be under Hardware or Software so please excuse me if it's the wrong forum.

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

That is a qoute from this page:
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/...d-applications-no-sound-and-audio-in-windows/

Make sure to set a restore point before applying this regfix!

3. urmom

I tried that and it didn't fix anything. :(

4. urmom

Quick bump. I've been trying everything I can to fix this but nothing is working. :(

5. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Uninstall flash player,and go to Adobe site to download fresh one.

6. samtal

samtal Corporal

7. urmom

Hmm, I uninstalled Flash Player (even using an uninstalling program from their site), downloaded Firefox 3 Beta, installed the latest version of Flash, and it still doesn't work! This is really puzzling me...

Also, I heard about folders being missing for people in the Firefox main folder. They said that once they created these folders the sound worked. I can't find where I saw this before so does anybody else have more info on this?

8. Buckeyefan

Buckeyefan Private E-2

The Firefox RC1 browser version is different from the Beta version.

9. urmom

Oh didn't know that. Anyways, I checked which Firefox 3 I downloaded and it was the RC1 so it hasn't fixed anything. :\

10. urmom

Quick bump.

11. urmom

Still trying to fix this. :\

I restarted my computer today (I guess I've been using this hibernate mode instead of shutting down?) and when I opened up youtube after it came back on it asked me to reinstall flash player. Firefox 3 was giving me issues with the download missing addons thing. It would install flash and then restart but each time it restarted it would say it needed to be installed again. I eventually just downloaded it from the adobe site and it stopped giving me the error. The fresh install of flash didn't fix the sound though, the video is still the only thing being played.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds