Blank User Logon Screen

Discussion in 'Software' started by homepc, Jun 23, 2005.

1. homepc

homepc Private E-2

I have a Windows 98 computer that would boot up with a user logon screen. I went intot he control panel and deleted both users. Now the user logon screen still comes up, but it's blank. I also went into the Networking and changed it from Family logon, to windows logon but it still boots with a blank user logon screen. How do I get rid of the logon screen?

Thanks
    Ray

2. Hardmarkerin

Hardmarkerin Private First Class

Open Control Panel,
    Double-click on the Network icon.
    From the list entitled Primary Network Logon:,
    choose Windows Logon,
    press OK.

Note: If this doesn't work, make sure you didn't initially configure a password for yourself. If you did, Windows 98 will always require it. Double-click on the Passwords icon in Control Panel to choose nothing (leave it blank) for your password.

Windows 95/98/Me (If you do have multiple users configured):

Run the Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE).
    Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Network\ Logon.
    Double-click on the Process Logon Script value, and change the data from 00 00 00 00 to 00 00 00 01

;)

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

If you don't care about your profiles...then...

Do a search for *.pwl, when the search is complete, delete all entries.

Reboot the computer. When the password comes up, hit enter. Reboot again, and you should be taken directly to the desktop.

Hope this helps!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds