pc monitors light is green then flicks to orange on start up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sillybilly89, Jan 19, 2010.

1. sillybilly89

sillybilly89 Private E-2

hi i'm having a bit of a small problem. my computer dosen't seem to picking up my monitor. nothing has changed or added to it in anyway. the other day i turned the pc on and it all sounded right, hearing the fans and harddrive start up. but the monitors light was green for only an instant then flick to orange. i am thinking i am having a hardware problem. the monitor is hooked up properly and works on other machines.

i would be greatful for any advice. regards bill

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Do you have a video card or are you using an onboard chip?

Have you booted into safe mode? If so, is the screen still black?

3. biogenesis

biogenesis Sergeant

Yep what he said! Sounds like a video/video card issue If you're using a video card unhook your monitor from it and try your on board video. If it's hooked to your on board video, Try using a video card; If it is your on board doing this it is possible that your on board video went out, I have an old HP that did the same thing; still works great with a video card though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds