Subjects and context

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kryptonite, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Private E-2

I am speaking for myself now. Ever since I became aware of computer help forums I have used and for the most part got answers to questions that I couldn't find on my own.

Besides help forums I purchased Dummy books and other help books written and designed for people with computer who have/had problems.

One thing about the books I purchased: I can rest assured that someone will not find fault in my question, the way I ask the question and where I post it. But that type of criticism seems to exist in almost the same exact way in each form ( I don't think it makes sense to name them; the names don't matter; that it happens does )

I had a few friends who lived next door to me growing up. Their father, uncle, and even their mother ( although not as often ) had this move which I have seen represented in movies and TV shows: It's a smack in the back of the head usually when someone does something " wrong " in the eye's of the other. The smack didn't have to be hard, it could be a light upward sweeping shit that just grazed the back of the head and didn't necessarily physically HURT.
    In a way it seems a little like a smack in the back of the head when someone in these forums decides to find fault in the post. Does anyone know what I mean?

I did time in the Army. Drill Sergeants are trained to do something like this. They get up in a soldiers face whenever it is thought that they do something "STUPID" when I was in they called it "BOZO". I think everyone got hammered for something at one time or another. I actually thought after a while that it helped make men out of boys who's parents didn't know how to bring up their kids. The military wasn't going to take the crap that you got away with for 19 years of your life. Absolutely there were some soldiers that got singled out more than others and I'm not going to say that it wasn't fair. If you are going to face an enemy who doesn't understand "FAIR" you better learn how to toughen up!

In any event I wonder if administrators, those who have privilege to change posts or even delete them completely are they given a set of guidelines to follow and are their actions monitored by the Major Major Geek?

Just curious.:major

Kryp

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Yes, we are given guidelines by the owners of the forum. These are not, however, black and white guidelines because ultimately we are humans and we are dealing with humans. Therefore, it is to our own discretion on how we deal with problems.

The main rule of this forum is that you treat all with respect. If you have a problem with something someone has said to you or someone else, you can always report the thread and one of us will evaluate it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds