Paranoia about the mystery rectangle

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kryptonite, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Private E-2

It was last Friday Jan 23 2015. I had an appointment with one of my "team" at the VA.

The VA medical system has taken a lot of heat this past year so they are trying to fix things. I asked the person who was new to me if she had talked to the doctor who referred me to her department; not necessarily to her. That said she told me that she had not spoken with him but reminded me that electronic notes are available as soon as she types them. I mentioned to her that everyone knows that the VA is overloaded and stressed to the max so just because notes are " there " doesn't mean that they are read. Furthermore I mentioned how often I hear people ask: " can you explain that a little more "? So if I hear people ask for more explanation isn't it possible that a doctor reads a note but really needs more information to understand what is going on with the patient.

As we turn the corner this particular doctor is standing half way in a side office. He happens out just as we get to him and I mention that we were just talking about him. He told me that no one can do anything at this time because " the computers are down again " It dawned on me that I hear often and not just at the VA: "the computers are down,...they are slow....we have someone working on the issue now.....but as I just mentioned it's not just at the VA. I hear it at most banks that I have had to use! I hear it at family doctors offices, I heard it in the hospital often over a three day stay.
    Let me mention a few other computer issues that we have heard about in the news: Staples, Target, Home Depot, Sony Pictures ( Sony was so shaken by the breach that they cancelled a movie scheduled for a Xmas release, the paint wasn't even dry on that story when we hear that Homeland Security website gets hacked, we hear whatever THE MEDIA decides to tell us, what THEY think is important or what we want to hear. So the media says " nothing of great importance was compromised. How could we ever check the facts?
    In another post that in part contains his post I mention more details of GREAT CONCERN for me.
    I don't understand why no one seems concerned about the amount of breaches that are happening all around us? Why is it not made important enough to ask if something bigger and more nefarious is going on here in the good old US of A?

Isn't it possible that a piece of FIREWALL that suddenly appears on all different types of computers all over the country if not the world happens at the same time might just be a subtle clue. It's a clue like we see criminals and stalkers leave us a sign: " I was here " but no one seems to know where to go with it or who to ask about it, it get's posted about almost exactly at the same time and getting it to go away seems to be the highest priority.

Why is there not a conversation going on trying to figure out why all of these things are happening NOW? Why are we not trying to figure out if this isn't a much bigger nastier problem?

Our memories seem to be far too myopic! When did these things really start and where? What happened next? What's related? Who do we call when we see something? The saying is: " SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING!" Sounds good to me but who do we say things to?

This is probably one of the best places to rally the troops. To listen and to take a look at what is happening and then figure how we can regroup and discern what all of these things mean.

Lastly is the one news story that has been getting more coverage than any other: "DEFLATED FOOTBALLS" Is this really happening or is it all just a horrible nightmare?

Air in footballs and now " The worst storm that ever hit the planet! " If the bad guys can learn anything about us and WINNING then scare the populous off the streets, have them drain the food supply from the neighborhood markets and make it so the shelves will not get restocked because they are not allowed on the roads.

Thank the weathermen and the news media for unlocking the doors and telling the worst people in the world when the best time is to strike.

I'm still thinking that this is just a bad joke or a sick nightmare.

This is not paranoia it's recognizing the signs for making our country vulnerable by helping the bad guys clear a path to the heart of everything.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

There is nothing to be said because this has been going on for years. People bolster security, people try to break it. Sometimes the good guys win, sometimes the bad guys do.

As for a very large amount of breaches, many are using old, outdated and insecure systems.

Target uses XP Embedded still which has been proven to be less secure than newer OSes, even if still supported. There is no shock they were hacked. Businesses don't like spending money on IT.

As for the weather comment...uh....I might need a tin foil hat to answer that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds