Outlook Express and HTML

Discussion in 'Software' started by mr_flea, Feb 2, 2004.

1. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

If I send a message in plain text containing HTML to an account and recieve that message through outlook express, will outlook express process the HTML?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

it shouldn't

3. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

Thanks Kodo!

4. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

do you mean a link? It won't open a link, but if you have HTML code in te message and te recipient has the preview pane turned on thn yes, it will display the HTML code as soon as they click on it.

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

if it gets sent as plain text then the HTML should be encoded and shouldn't display .

6. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

yeah you're right, I'm retarded, I didn't understand the first post correctly, imme a break man, i'm closing out a 13 hour day.

7. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

There was a huge problem with AOL back about version 5 or so using [Plaintext] tags in HTML that spoofed the system to process it as plaintext MIME. I decoded that the AOL was 10 point Arial and not really plaintext. AOL later changed the way they send mail.

What was the question relating to? Incoming or outgoing.:confused: :confused:

8. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Thank you AbbySue :) Dont forget you can always just email yourself! Best test there is :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds