viewing images

Discussion in 'Software' started by roddinron, Feb 8, 2004.

1. roddinron

roddinron Corporal

I have a problem viewing images. Sometimes all I get is a white box with a red X. Properties says its a jpg image. then on the same page some images are viewable, properties tells me they are also jpg. Any thoughts?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

clear your temporary internet files.

3. roddinron

roddinron Corporal

Thanks, did it but still no pics.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

What OS?

What kind of net access?

5. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

if its only the odd image that doesnt display it can be caused by bad code on that website
    can you paste a link of a page thats displaying this behaviour so we can test it ourselves

6. roddinron

roddinron Corporal

Windows ME and cable (though the slower speed, about 146k)

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I see.

Well, do you have a firewall? Try uninstalling it and testing.

8. roddinron

roddinron Corporal

http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=412561&pagenumber=1
    I get this a lot though and finally decided to ask the experts, since I didn't know if it was normal. And since some guys in the forum seem to be able to view it I thought this would be a good candidate to ask the "geeks"

9. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

well i can see the banner at the top the rest of the page is littered with red crosses anyone else see the pictures

extra info i disabled my zone alarm and still see nothing

10. roddinron

roddinron Corporal

I use sygate, and I tried exiting it and still no good. You think I should uninstall?

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Aye

I tried site as well, its the site that has issues.

I posted the firewall advice before he posted the url.

12. roddinron

roddinron Corporal

OK, thanks everybody, I guess that was a lot of commotion just to see a bunch of jeeps stuck in the mud huh? But I've run into this so many times,on other sites, I was beginning to think it was my machine.
    this site is great, you guys are always ready to help.

13. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

you will also find on forums, users either move of delete linked pictures in posts off their ftp or online album so seeing red X's is common especially in oldish threads.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds