Wi-Fi connectivity

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robfturner, Dec 15, 2005.

1. robfturner

robfturner Guest

Recently purchased a U.S. Robotics Wireless MAXg PC Card. The instructions start with insert disk and end up with insert card and set up.
    QUESTION: When I get all this in and set up, can I then remove the card when finished and re-insert when I want to go back on Wi-Fi or does it all have to be re-installed each time the card is inserted?
    ~ Bob Turner

2. risk_reversal

risk_reversal MajorGeek

Translating your post, I take it you have a PCMCIA card ie credit card sized wireless ethernet card that slots into your laptop.

If this is correct, then once you have run the set up routine and installed the driver for the card then you can just insert or remove the card at will with the proviso that prior to removing the card there will be an icon in the systemtray that you should click on and you need to click on disconnect the hardware. Then the o/s will say ...it is now safe to remove'...

Hope I have made myself clear.

Good Luck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds