Kingsoft office for free

Discussion in 'Software' started by BILLMCC66, Jan 16, 2012.

1. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

This is an office suite similar to Microsoft Office and normally costs around $70 but just for today 16 january it is free.
    The protocol of MGs will not let me post the url but if you Google "Giveaway of the day" it will take you to the site.

I do not condone advertising on the site but this is a genuine free offer just for a day.

2. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

I use kingsoft office and I really like it compared to Microsoft office. I certainly won't be installing Microsoft office again when now I have this installed.

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I have Microsoft office 2007 on my main PC and use it a lot, so i have installed this on my second PC and will give it a good test as i do write a lot of letters.
    What i did not mention in the original post was that this is the Pro version that is on offer today.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

5. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I had to laugh there Tim.:-D
    Your own site will not let you post the url

6. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Guess not, weird huh. I hate this site man, always censoring me!

7. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks Bill, this software is very compatible with Microsoft Office. I have used the free package and it is very good. For some reason, certain links get stars put in their URL's on Majorgeeks.

This question is for the Major. I have used this before but I do not know if this violates the board rules. When I ran into this situation once before, I would use tinyurl to link to the site. Is this allowed?

8. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Used to go here, but can't recall why I stopped.
    Something about it being suspicious I think.
    Good to hear that MA says legit, so bookmarked.
    Thanks Bill for the reminder and MA for the commendation.

9. md2lgyk

md2lgyk I can't follow the rules

Wow, looks like a great program. I especially like being able to switch the look of the interface. My wife is still using Office 2000, and if I replaced it with something looking like 2007, I think her head would explode.

10. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Thanks for the heads up Bill, I'll give it a go.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds