Sonic Solutions Shared Driver Component (SSRTLN.SYS) has stopped working properly

Discussion in 'Software' started by Grunnie, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Grunnie

Grunnie Private E-2

Hello I keep getting this message at times of shut down of my system. "Sonic Solutions Shared Driver Component (SSRTLN.SYS) has stopped working properly" This error comes up and I have tried to find a solution at sonic but nothing so far. I have RecordNow version 7. MyDvd I guess I have never used so I don't know if that is the problem. I only get this message when I completely shut down and come back up.
    Please help
    Thanks
    Grunnie

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Try this and see if it works, not a full fix but may help remove the error.

What Windows version are you using? and is this a update of Windows say from XP to Vista or Vista to Windows 7? Just asking this as some software maybe incompatible without an upgrdae of the application so check that also.

Did this just start? did you install any new software before this happened, some insight into when and how it started can help troubleshoot the cause and give the fix.

3. Grunnie

Grunnie Private E-2

I am running Windows XP service pk 3. Not sure. I haven't installed actually programs but updates have been done

4. DavidGP

Hi

Cheers for the extra info, did you try the link I posted from Roxio?

5. Grunnie

Grunnie Private E-2

Halo, I did go there and get the instructions but I am not sure what that means (DLA) I don't know if I use it or not. can you explain what that is? And how I would know if I use it or not.
    Thanks

6. DavidGP

Hi

Yes DLA (Drive Letter Access) is what is also called Packet Writing or Drag and Drop, in basic terms it is software that allows you to use a CD or DVD disk as if it was a floppy disk, in that you can copy, modify and delete files on it, in case of CDR DVDR the deleted file will still take up space, but on a CDRW or DVDRW its deleted.

Its a quick way to burn files to disk, plus if you leave the disk "open" then you cna add more files to it when you want, its not a write once type of thing.

Info from ROXIO on DLA HERE

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds