Error 1706

Discussion in 'Software' started by jtone, Aug 15, 2005.

1. jtone

jtone Private E-2

I recently tried to install a media card reader, ArcSoft Media Card Companion.
    Now, I can't launch Outlook (haven't tried other MS Office Apps yet)-the setup prog runs and tells me to insert the setup disk, which I cancel-then I get an error message 1706 "Outlook not installed for this user".

Also, when I launch Registry Mechanic, same thing. Outlook setup runs, etc etc. Why would the setup for a Microsoft product run when I try to load a third party app?

BTW-this kind of BS started happening long ago (for those of you who remember, I had all kinds of probs with this machine) but I was never able to isolate it to one thing, since so many others were f'd up.........now, however, this machine has been performing flawlessly. I have installed all progs one at a time, until I got stupid tonight, and installed one without backing up first.....
    Anyhow, I'm sure that the Media Card software is the culprit; as I said, it did this before. Now, I'm just not sure how to get it cleaned up right.

I uninstalled the offending prog, and tried to repair my registry to no avail. I don't want to force an install of Outlook, which is what I'm afraid of doing if I just stick the disk in there.

Oh well, at least Firefox is still working, so I can get on here and get help!

Thanks as always, geeks

jtone

PS Sorry I haven't seen you guys in a while; started new job and hours are brutal!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds