ACPI temperature range help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by quachimba, Apr 29, 2006.

1. quachimba

quachimba Private E-2

Hi guys
    i just recently realised i have all the sensors already installed to use temperature monitoring programs.. I have and use Speed Fan 4.28 currently. Its a great program, just doesn't have a lot of assistance with it. It's almost like a "go figure it out urself" kinda software. Now, my ACPI temp hovers at 40 degrees celcius i just want to know what ACPI temp range is i mean how do i ever know when anything is overheating? i checked google and the net but they too were as unhelpful as the program. I was wondering if someone could direct me to a website or anything to show me what temp ranges should be. Not only for the ACPI but even my hard drives and all. I have on fan at 2000+ rpm the other at 4000+ i don't know if thats good or bad and as i said before the program doesn't explain it either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

Quachimba

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Welcome to the forum mate:) Heres a description of what ACPI is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACPI

Basically it gives the operating system more control over the motherboard,it doesnt have a temperature as such but ACPI can control the the speed of fans through the OS

You have these basic temps,a motherboard cpu temp,an onboard cpu temp,an ambient temp case temp and also depending of your hardware you may have a video card temp or harddrive temp

I know what you mean with speedfan it senses diodes not locations as all mobos have them in different places:) The first easy one to pick out is the cpu temp,there should be two that are identical that go up and down in sync thats the cpu temp if not run this the one that rises the fastest is your cpu temp

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=867

The case temp should be the lowest,the video card temp can be checked using your video card properties and your harddrive temp can be identified using a health monitoring program from the manufacturer of your harddrive,once they have beed identified you can change the names in speedfan perminantly,once done speedfan is a pretty good program IMO

http://majorgeeks.com/Motherboard_Monitor_d311.html

An alternate program I like is Motherboard monitor,it isnt officially supported anymore but,,once installed and you update it,it gets pretty new mobo identities,all the temps are identified automatically

others may have other suggestions so try them and find which one works for you:)

your temp should be ambient around 30 -40c,cpu under 60c,hardrive as close to ambient as possible,vid card depends on your vid card

post your system specs :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds