Xp sound drivers for HP Pavilion dv7-1232nr

Discussion in 'Software' started by tym, May 23, 2009.

1. tym

tym Corporal

I have googled and looked and so far no luck. I have a lap top HP Pavilion dv7-1232nr. For the life of me I can not find the Sound drivers for it. I have everything else. If someone could help I sure would apreciate it. I thank you.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi tym

As downgrading form Vista to XP has its own issues as in driver support I did have this thread from HP support saved as delt with a PC like yours a while back try the drivers listed in post #3

3. tym

tym Corporal

Thanks Halo That did work. I was able to get Xp on my laptop. Odd thing is while everything did work, The lights on my laptop still did not show that the wireless and sound was working. Strange.

So While I was able to do it I Simply dont think its such a good Idea. I just restored my drive with nortons, and will just use windows 7 beta until it goes final. I HATE vista.

4. DavidGP

Hi Great on it working, its likely the lights are linked to say media buttons or quick launch on HPs.

While you mention the Win7 beta, dont know if you ment to say Release Candidate (RC) build 7100 which is latest release and has many of the fixes that where added from the beta, so install that one http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ as it works well. Another reason to go with the RC is that the Beta expires on Aug 1st 2009 whereas the RC will go into June 1st 2010, although their is likey to be an RTM version before final, dont know if puplic preview program will get this tho.

5. Xp sound drivers for HP Pavilion dv7 1232nr

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to install the XP drivers in Vista? When I tried, Windows complained that the driver didnt support this version of Windows.

Or maybe the AA1 JMicron reader drivers have been updated since I tried them...

6. DavidGP

Re: Xp sound drivers for HP Pavilion dv7 1232nr

Hi

Thats not what was happening in this thread, the original poster was as the HP PC they have only comes with Vista and Vista drivers on the HP support site, wanted to downgraded and installed XP in lieu of Vista, but as HP Support dont have default drivers for the model of PC, you have to go looking around the net for drivers that could work with the hardware in that PC.

Not an easy task and can tale a while.

If your after AA1 JMicron reader drivers for Vista then check the makers support site for your model PC and get latest driver, but if the media card reader slots are working you have no major need to install updated drivers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds