Large Font on Browser, Email & Desktop

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lavender, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Since I did System Restore (back to April 10) and upgraded XP with SP3, the fonts on my browsers (Crazy and Slim) are huge, probably 14 or 16. I've tried View, Text Size, but nothing changes.

I've tried View, Zoom 80% on. I still have to scroll to the right and I don't see all the page. Also, I still can't see the botton of pages like Internet Options so I can't click on OK.

My Desktop icons are also huge. I tried to make them smaller but I'm obviously doing something wrong. MS tells me they're so big it can't show them all.

If you have a suggestion, please make it step-by-step because I'm not all that computer savvy.

Thanks.

2. Virux

Virux Private E-2

It may be because your resolution got turned down.

Try this

3. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Many thanks for the suggestion and the link, Virux.

Unfortunately, it didn't work because my Monitor Settings are at the lowest - 640 x 480 pixels.

4. Virux

Virux Private E-2

So your saying you cant set your resolution to 1024x768?

Your monitor being on such a low resolution WOULD make your icons bigger, and generally everything on your computer screen. Turning the resolution UP, means things get smaller.

5. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Brilliant, Virux!

I didn't think of that. See how dumb I am? I changed the resolution to 800 x 600 and they're a more managable size now.

Now for the browser font and window size . . .

I usually work with Crazy Browser (based on IE) and I"ve tried Slim Browser but they won't let me into certain sites. I can get in with Firefox but I really don't have a lot of room left on my computer so I'd rather not use such a large program.

6. Virux

Virux Private E-2

Glad to help :)

For the browser's font, I really don't know what the issue is, I thought the resolution would have fixed the size for the browser too....But here's one last suggestion.

In the browser, navigate to a page such as...www.google.com and hold CTRL and then Scroll on your mouse. So hold the button down while scrolling up or down on the mouse. This will increase everything on the page if you scroll up, and decrease everything on the page if you scroll down. Basically it just increases the size of the pages so they are easily readable or viewable.

Try it and tell me how it goes.

7. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Once again -- you are BRILLIANT!

It worked. I can see the whole page at once.

Thank you so much. You've saved my nails and my hair tonight.;)

8. Virux

Virux Private E-2

You are very welcome!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds