Segragated Networks sharing a networked printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SDDComputer, Jul 21, 2007.

1. SDDComputer

SDDComputer Private E-2

I'm working in an office that is currently sharing network resources but wants to segregate while keeping access to the network copier/printer that they are currently sharing.

I can segregate the networks with no problem but is there a way to segregate the networks while still retaining each network access to the network printer?

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

If you could there is No point for the segregation.

Install the printer on a computer that down the pike (out of the segregated segment).

You can not share up stream. I.e from out of the segregated segment into it.

http://www.ezlan.net/shield.html

3. SDDComputer

SDDComputer Private E-2

Sorry, I was unclear. the printer/copier in question is attached directly to the network via ip address . I understand that the whole point of segregation is to prevent upwards sharing BUT can I Attach the printer directly the initial router and have it available to the network ?

4. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

If it is install on the first Network the segerated network can use it by IP.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds