Urgent help required to fix dual boot error

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dam1, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Dam1

Dam1 Private E-2

I have a brand new Advent 7115 that came w/ Vista preinstalled.

Chipset Intel® 940GML chipset
    Video / Graphics Card Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (up to 128MB)
    Sound Card Realtek AC'97 audio
    Modem Agere systems AC'97 modem
    Network Card Realtek 8139 / 810X (Onboard)
    Network Card IEEE 802.11b/g wireless network card

I wanted to downgrade to XP. I created a recovery DVD using the tech guys instructions on the desktop and then followed the instructions from here:

www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12774

On reboot after XP installation the system will not pass the Intel logo screen. I tried to recover using the DVD I made but nothing happens. Is my laptop destroyed? Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Did you want to keep Vista also and have a dual boot with XP? If not, you should be able to delete the partition using any number of free tools (Partiton Logic is one, the free tool from your HD maker's web site is another) and then power up the PC with the XP install disc in the drive and it should boot to the XP disc and start the install.

3. Dam1

Dam1 Private E-2

Thank you for your respsonse. I would like to be able to have both OS on the laptop if it is possible.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds