How to open a CVR file?

Discussion in 'Software' started by LindaJH, Apr 2, 2015.

1. LindaJH

LindaJH Private E-2

In path >Users>user name>AppData>Local>Temp are tons of CVR files, some going back to 2008. A search of the web says these are (1) crash reports (2) copies of Microsoft office, email, etc. (3) all are safe to delete. However, since I have some files all the way back to 2008 some are not being deleted.
    My questions are:
    1) How can I open these CVR files to look at them?
    2) Since they are temp files is it safe to delete them all?
    3) How do I delete those that won't delete?

Thanks
    Linda

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

.CVR files are encrypted in the main and you wont be able to open them, likely, there would be a reference in Event Viewer if a crash, but needle in haystack.

If Office then they will be backups of crashed docs or Outlook email files, could right click one of them and choose Open With and choose Notepad or Word, but dont make either of them default for opening this type of file. But in the main they dont have anything in them or if they do its gobbledgook.

I'd do what JoeRay12 mentions above and delete temps with CCleaner.

3. LindaJH

LindaJH Private E-2

CC Cleaner did the job. Thank you so much
    Linda

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds