How to backup/restore software application?

Discussion in 'Software' started by DaComboMan, Apr 14, 2015.

1. DaComboMan

DaComboMan Private E-2

Have a shareware installed on Vista Home (wrong edition) and would like to re-install the PC with Vista Premium (correct one). Is it possible to backup/restore this shareware with registration code and all and then transfer it to the new platform?

2. DaComboMan

DaComboMan Private E-2

It's because of registration and I really don't feel like spending a half hour over the phone again.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Good software allows you to remove the program from one computer and install on another.
    I have done this successfully in the past with AdMuncher, Malwarebytes Pro, WinPatrol paid, Big Fish Games and some other paid programs which I don't remember at the moment.
    If you have the [x]exact[/b] username and code/serial number for the paid program, then installing it on another computer doesn't entail calling support and hanging on the phone.

4. DaComboMan

DaComboMan Private E-2

The issue here, is that i had installed wrong Vista version so i can't activate it.
    Then, there's this... Rosetta Stone language program that apparently allows you only two installations without having to call them to explain your situation.

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

As musksnipe says, it just isn't possible to uplift a software installation from one OS and insert it into a new one. There isn't any alternative to a reinstall.

6. DaComboMan

DaComboMan Private E-2

Oh well, guess we'll have to be patient a little more.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds