Free Utility To Delete A Partition?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Thornwolf, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Thornwolf

Thornwolf Private E-2

First off sorry if this information is available already, on my first few searches I saw no specific answer for this question and do I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I am trying to replace my grandmother's computer with a newer one, it is far from "new" but a major step up from the one she was using. The hard drive I have in this one belonged to a family member and he partitioned the drive, and really there is no need for it to be that way. I am trying to simply remove the D drive and allow that space to be available on the C drive.

Sadly I can not find any utilities out there that will allow me to do this for her except programs like Partition Magic which looked great, and even after download I was thinking "hey perfect" unit lI got the message it was simply for evaluation, I still thought I could Actually use it. I would pay for it, but to be honest I would rather not have to if at all possible. Money is tight for all of us I assume.

Anyway, to make a long story short.. is there any free software out there that can help out in this case?

Thanks much,

Thorn

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

If she has WinXP, it comes with a disk management tool built in. I have never used it so don't know what you can and cannot do with it.

Also, here is a link for PartitionExpert 2003 SE, you have to fill out a registration form and the code is emailed to you. It is supposed to be free and I am sure limited (SE) and it is an old link but still work's, give it a try. Here is the link http://www.acronis.com/mag/winxp-pe/

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds