Laptop battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rch, Dec 17, 2006.

1. rch

rch Private E-2

I bought a new laptop -a Compaq Presario M2007US around a year back. Of late, when I use the laptop on battery, the battery has barely 15-20 minutes in it. It used to support the laptop for over an hour earlier. Any tips?

2. HECK

HECK Corporal

the battery now has a memory because you never completely decharged the battery before you plugged her back in. this is normal but a year seems a little short. but, we dont know how muc you charged and ran out the battery.

3. rch

rch Private E-2

It normally stays plugged in (powered). So the battery was fully charged. I used to get over an hour earlier but very recently, the last two times, I got barely 15-20 minutes from the battery. Are you suggesting that I completely discharge it and then plug it back in ?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds