restoring backup files from a copied CD

Discussion in 'Software' started by 2020, Mar 27, 2005.

1. 2020

2020 Private E-2

Does anyone know if there is a software that will allow me to restore my files from a backup CD.
    When trying to restore the file using the backup utility it ask for a Media #2 disk. When I made the CD from the Utility, I only used one CD.
    I cant open the file to view the contents, so that I may be able to move them individually to my C drive.
    :confused:

I am using Windows XP Professional.

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Backup CD as in System Image or you just copied some files for safekeeping?

If it's a system backup, then most backup programs use their own native file format that no other program can adopt, so I would say that if the backups you made aren't working, then I don't know of any way around that.

What is the file extension and what was the program?

This doesn't help for this set of backups, but XP Pro has ASR which you can use for backing up.

3. 2020

2020 Private E-2

Backup CD as in System Image or you just copied some files for safekeeping?
    I only copied the files.

If it's a system backup, then most backup programs use their own native file format that no other program can adopt, so I would say that if the backups you made aren't working, then I don't know of any way around that.

What is the file extension and what was the program?
    I am not sure what a extension file is. :confused:
    XP accesories, backup utlity
    This doesn't help for this set of backups, but XP Pro has ASR which you can use for backing up.
    I used the xp pro backup utility would that be the same?

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I may be wrong here, but I will go out on a limb.

As far as I'm aware, Micro$$oft Backup cannot backup to CD.

It says it can, but I do remember reading that it's not the case.

As far as ASR, it's not a replacement for backup programs and is really only to store vital system files to get your computer working in case of problems.

It's different to the Backup program in Accessories.

5. 2020

2020 Private E-2

ok thanks bo ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds