Microsoft Chicago and Microsoft Neptune

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LI_Geek_95, Jul 1, 2008.

1. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

I just saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyCp-b2QPqA
    and I want to know what Microsoft Chicago and Microsoft Neptune were. I never heard of either of them. I don't know if this belongs here or in the Lounge.
    zDawg32

2. dc57

dc57 Private First Class

Never heard of Chicago or Neptune either. Cool videos, thanks for posting it.

3. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

4. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Chicago was Win95 code.
    There is an 98 Easter Egg where you clicked on Cairo, Memphis and Chicago on a map and I think the hidden credits would popout.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Neptune was supposed to be a consumer version of Windows 2000. It never made it, obviously.

6. dc57

dc57 Private First Class

Thank you, I never knew that.

7. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Yeah. I wiki-ed it. You can look at some screenshots on Wiki. It's a primative Welcome Screen. Kinda weird...

8. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Yeah, I worked about an hour on that before giving up. I guess geography isn't my strong suite.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds