Discussion in 'Software' started by aLLiKZar, Dec 12, 2003.

1. aLLiKZar

aLLiKZar It's not too late to back out!

Where are all the Battlefielders at?

Lets see, I dont play that many games but I purchased Battlefield last year and have R2R, Secret Weapons, Desert Combat, CIS.etc.. It is unreal on how this game is evolving All these mods that come out, new weapons, vehicles, etc.. They have a GI joe Mod. How cool is that.

Hopefully this game will continue growing so I can kill more.. Haha.

2. HASSELBLAD

HASSELBLAD Sgt. Smirnoff

I enjoy playing DC almost daily.

You have any favorite servers?

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I'm in.. I play Desert Combat all the time.

My favorite thing to do is take the russian transport chopper straight up for about 10 minutes and have everyone drop out.. it's a looooooong way down ;)

4. acejones

acejones A Different Title

i play DC almost every night. i just started playing online though. i wasn't sure how laggy it would be on a modem, but i got in on a server late last night and ended up being number 2 in kills. won myself a medal! :) i tried flying a helo though, but the lag made me crash. i'm a dang good pilot on SP. We should do a MG DC server.

on another dc note: i downloaded this video but can't get it to play. i've got the latest divx and what have you, but all i get is a codec error. so do the people in this thread.

5. HASSELBLAD

HASSELBLAD Sgt. Smirnoff

I like to stand on top the choppers when they're flying:D

6. Dane

Dane Private E-2

DC is great, you should also try Eve of Destruction, another great mod, but I think it will be short lived :) As its a Vietnam mod and Battlefield: Vietnam is in production.

7. acejones

found this pic on the dc forum...

Attached Files:

8. aLLiKZar

Haha

Thats hilarious..

Ive downloaded all the mods, and played all the ones that I could get working.. When is this Battlefield:Vietnam coming out? Sounds very interesting...

I play daily after my 14 hr day of workng and school. Any server that doesnt kick me out or dumb-idiots playin, I'm in. I go for the Linux servers mostly, seems to work better....?

Anyone check their stats? bfstats.com

9. acejones

I haven't done alot of multiplayer since i'm on dialup, and i havn't played on any linux servers. would that help any lag issues?

according to this site, it will be out 3/22/04. Have you seen the videos for it? Looks good!

10. aLLiKZar

nice

Can I get a HELL YEA! Thats lookin mighty fine..
    Dont know bout lag issues with dialup. I have my broadband
    that works perfect, no lag.. I would imagine that with any dialup
    there would be some lag due to data transmissions at a slower rate.. I'd give it a try on a linux server..

Should invest some $ on broadband or dsl.. pretty cheap these days..

This shot is nice.....

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battlefieldvietnam/screens.html?page=33

11. acejones

can't get dsl where i'm at and cable is expensive ($40 a month is not worth it...yet). but i'll probably get it this summer when we move.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2003
  12. aLLiKZar

What you out in the boons? Middle of a field? haha

I would try a linux server to see if it would be faster for you.. If not practice until you get the faster connection then we can battle...

13. Cashy

Cashy Private First Class

You'll find swatshark and me playing Desert Combat Extended.
    You can get the mod Here.

Look for us in White Widow or the fun house.

14. acejones

actually...no. the CO is too far from my house by about a mile, and they haven't ran any new lines yet.

ummm...i don't think i need any more practice. i've been playing SP for a looooonnnnnngggggg time. you'll get yours in due time. :D

15. acejones

just downloaded dcx...i love it.

will do.

16. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

you are on dial up??

do you have a second line? costs about $25 bucks.....
    ISP? usually $19 - $21, right??

Cable is cheaper and faster!:D

17. acejones

i can't justify a second phone line just to play games. plus, it won't give me any better performance than what i have now. we get a discount from our isp b/c my wife is a student. so it costs us $40 a semester...works to about $12-$15 a month.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2003
  18. acejones

New DC news...0.6 is supposed to be released sometime this weekend.
    Desert Combat

19. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

guys i have a Geforce 4 Ti4400 128MB card... is this card capable of handling the DC mod? would my graphics be decent? would i have to play at the lowest settings? right now the only video game i play is Counterstrike, and DC looks pretty appealing....

thanks for your input...

20. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

You should be able to play with good graphics.

21. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

Not sure about the White Widow server. We're having trouble convincing the admin to keep it due to low traffic lately. He was sharing the server with his DOD clan and not being able to find their regular place to play, most folks found other servers. I'll start twisting his arm to see if we can keep the server.

22. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser A Really Great Guy

I'm working on dling the DC 0.5L mod now and will be grabbing the 0.6f later today. Haven't played for a while but I might come to one of the servers to see if I can shoot Kodo!
    I usually play Delta Force 2 and run a server for that. If anyone plays DF2 here they are welcome to come into =UFP=Shadowzone and if you see =UFP=Shadochasr that's me, be sure to say hey! Cya on the field!!

Wraith

23. acejones

New BF1942 news...the new 1.6 patch

from EA Games
    12/19/03 - Community Update

Attention Soldiers!
    We're going to talk about a couple of things in todays update. First the upcoming 1.6 patch and then the Battlefield 1942 Map Making Contest. So without further ado...

1.6 Update
    Battlefield Command has busted butts to get the 1.6 patch done as quickly as possible. Our sincere hope was to release it before the December holidays. Unfortunately, our commitment to releasing clean patches means that we cannot release the patch in its current state. We still need some time to clear up a few glitches. So, you at least have something to look forward to in January when you've finished playing with all the toys and goodies you've received over the holidays!

Here's a short-list of some of the features you can look forward to:
    Punkbuster support
    New in-game GUI for map and kick-voting
    New game server allows hosting of different mods, maps and modes in the same server rotation
    Chat lag fixed
    Russian Ilyyushin IL-2 added to Kursk and Kharkov
    New Battlefield 1942 map
    New Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII map
    In the meantime, here are some screenshots of what you can expect...and yes, we will be getting coal in our stockings for teasing you with these so early....enjoy!

Liberation of Caen Screenshots
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Raid on Aghelia Screenshots
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

24. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

... As long as your CPU isn't 20 years old :rolleyes:

25. Cashy

Ok, the white widow server is up, jump in with a few friends and knock your self out. We might try and setup a time where we can all play at the same time. Will talk to kodo about it.

26. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Sounds good.

27. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser A Really Great Guy

Ok, tried to join last night with no success. I get 3/4 of the map loaded up (the graphic bar on the bottom of the screen loads 3/4 of the way) and I get dumped out of the program. The program just crashes, no error message at all. Do I have to have 0.6 installed? I have 0.5L installed right now. Do I have to have the extra maps installed? Any help would be appreciated.

Wraith

BTW when I come in I'll be under the name of Shadowchaser.

28. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

OK... at those prices I see...

Do you do online gaming with dialup? How does it work? My brother is on dial up and I want to game with him!

29. Cashy

Yep. you'll need 0.6 Wraith
    And Merry Christmas

30. Gen. Disarray

Gen. Disarray Private E-2

Hey, acejones, if you play a lot of Single Player then check out this site: BF42 Single Player.

Make sure to DL Kubel_Kopter_Helis mod, it's only 14.3MB's but it's pretty wild.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds