Duall NICs on Vista...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hughie, Sep 29, 2008.

1. hughie

hughie Private E-2

I'm running Windows Vista (please dont kill me) and my motherboard has 2 onboard NICs. One of them is connected to my home network, the other I use virtual PC and run a virtual network (occasionally I connect laptops and such to it for testing/repairing etc). If I have just my home network plugged in I have no problems. As soon as I plug something into my other NIC, I can no longer access the internet - Cant even ping anything. However vista reports that Local Area Connection 2 has internet access :S I've tried swapping the roles of each port but its the same thing. Any ideas why? My guess is vista tries to use the virtual network to connect to the internet instead but I dont want it to!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds