Duo core technology is all the go.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigbazza, Mar 26, 2006.

1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Can anyone help with articles explaining the development, logic behind, and advantages of Duo core technology. Disadvantages, if any.

It appears as though all PC CPU's are headed that way and it was a deciding factor in me buying my latest laptop.

Has the user any choice on the way that the PC uses duo core. I assume not.

For example, if I am downloading something from MG, and at the same time reading/posting something from one of the MG forums, does duo core use both cores for these 2 tasks, or does it only use one side of the duo core.

Trying to increase my knowledge, and maybe help out others contemplating a new PC. Bazza

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Dual cores split the task between themselves. If you want to go ahead and set it yourself, go to task manager, right click on the process and go to affinity.

You can choose what process uses what core. Its only for that session though.

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Thanks Adrynalyne. :cool: I guess I'll leave it up to Intel, after all.:) :D . Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds