Trying to network two laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rch, Nov 5, 2006.

1. rch

rch Private E-2

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this message. If it isn't, please direct me to the correct forum.

I have two laptops at home.

The first one is an older laptop with a broken USB port and does not have a CD burner. It runs Windows 2000.

The second laptop is a newer laptop with USB ports and a CD burner -it has Windows XP.

I want to be able to access the files on my old laptop through my new laptop. Is there a way this can be done? Both laptops connect to wireless.
    Please let me know if you need any other information.
    Thanks!

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You'll have to set up sharing ....(in the wireless connection properties - file and print sharing) and make the exact same user profiles (and passwords) on both computers ....you should have client for MS networks on both also ....

3. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

4. rch

rch Private E-2

Thanks-I set up sharing and created the same profile on both! It worked! Thanks once again

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds