Random Reboot when playing EQ2

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lvstigers, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Lvstigers

Lvstigers Private E-2

I'm quite obviously new here. But I've had a random reboot issue for quite awhile now, it's seems to have gotten worse. As far as I can remember it only does it when playing Everquest 2. I went through as many steps on your 'Read and Run me First' page as I could. Here are issues I encountered.
    1. I could not uninstall Weatherbug, it gave me an error.
    2. When I attempted to log in as Administrator (winxp) under safe mode, it wanted a password, which I don't remember, or didn't put one in.

Any suggestions how to get through this so I can continue with your 'Read and Run me First' page?

I would appreciate it very much ty!

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

If you have difficulties getting into safe mode, I believe the Read & Run wants you to do the steps in normal mode instead, and just mention in your post that you did the steps in normal mode. Describe your problems as accurately and with as much detail as possible when you post your logs, since the information about your problems can be of help as well.

The Read & Run First solves a lot of problems, and any problems that stick around after that, will be addressed by the Malware Fighters in that forum.

When you're done in the Malware forum, come back here with the EQ2 issues, if they are still around, and we'll help you sort them out.

3. Lvstigers

Lvstigers Private E-2

ok, thank you very much ;)

4. Lvstigers

Lvstigers Private E-2

Hi, I'm back, went thru all the steps in the Malware forum with Chaslang nothing found. But I am still having reboot issues when gaming. It isn't just EQ2 it's also EA Land. When it does the reboot, I get the message 'your system has recovered from a serious error' I send the report to microsoft which usually tells me its a device driver. I have updated my drivers. On rare occasions the error report returns with hardware issue. I'd love to figure this out and fix it, especially if it is something that may get worse to the point of dead computer, I don't want that!! I wanna Play!!! :)

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Oh... you have a fun time ahead of you. How enthusiastic are you about the idea of going through one driver after the other?

Pick one, do a complete uninstall of the driver then a reinstall, both of them in safe mode, and then see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, do the same thing with the next driver. And the next. And the next. Once you know which driver is causing the conflict, you'll know what we have to work with.

6. Lvstigers

Lvstigers Private E-2

Ok, well it sounds like this is going to be a long ongoing process. but of course I'll do it. How will I know which one is causing the problem though, if I happen to go through all of them and it still does it?
    :confused

Thanks Mimsy!! I guess I'll start with my video driver:banghead

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds