Google Chrome Themes won't work?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dr. Nuclear Core, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Dr. Nuclear Core

Dr. Nuclear Core Private E-2

I can't seem to get themes to work on Chrome anymore. They used to work, but now it just says it's been applied but never actually skins the browser.

What's strange is this only happens on the one I used the most, greyscale, and not the others. I can apply most of the others, but greyscale will just say it applied and won't actually be applied. I unistalled Chrome and reinstalled it and that didn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

2. LewisDre4m

LewisDre4m Private E-2

Ok LISTEN UP everyone. :):)If you are having problems with Google Chrome Themes (especially Google's own ones) EG: After installing the themes nothing happens and it wont change. Then all you have to do is follow this link and the instructions.

http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=142059

To clear the instructions up. Its asking you to locate your user data folder and rename it to "user data backup" this in effect wipes your user data from your computer (which is why previously when you have tried reinstalling to get themes to work it has not worked because your user data stays on the computer) and creates a new user data folder. This clears the problem and will enable you to install themes again.

The default location for this folder is C:\Documents and Settings\******\local settings\application data\google\chrome

The "******" refer to whatever your user name on your computer is.

That will fix the problem I assure you. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds