Viewing videos problem...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shadow9x, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Shadow9x

Shadow9x Private E-2

On most videos I try to view on the internet the picture doesn't show up and nothing plays all you see is white box at the top left corner of the screen with an X in the middle. How do I fix this.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

What browser are you using on which operating system? Does it happen for all filetypes, or just a select few?

Can you link us to any as examples?

3. Shadow9x

Shadow9x Private E-2

I use internet explorer...and I'm not sure on what file types they are but yes it does happen to some videos and not all. One site is http://www.putfile.com/tribeofjudah I cant view that video..Am I missing a codec or what..?

4. Shadow9x

Shadow9x Private E-2

Someone please answer..

5. Franklin

Franklin Corporal

Open wmp,tools-options-security tab.

Is there a tick in "run script commands when present".Don't know if this will help but may be worth a shot.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

7. Shadow9x

Shadow9x Private E-2

Grr tryed both your methods and it still didnt work : /

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Which version of Windows Media Player do you have?

9. acejones

acejones A Different Title

10. Shadow9x

Shadow9x Private E-2

RAWR I downloaded/installed the K-Lite codec pack and it STILL isnt working!?! What is up with it....Also I have the latest version of windows media player..

11. Franklin

Franklin Corporal

OK try this.May help.

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then click OK.
    3. Click OK.
    4. Click Start, and then click Run.
    5. In the Open box, type regsvr32 vbscript.dll, and then click OK.
    6. Click OK.

Taken from the link below.
    http://www.opentechsupport.net/forums/archive/topic/27451-1.html

12. Shadow9x

Shadow9x Private E-2

Didnt work either... : /

*I just went on putfile.com and tryed to view one of the videos there and I could get any of them to play it showed the same white box with a red X at the top left corner? But still...why cant I view any of those videos on that site? I can view the ones on youtube.com easy..Could it be my internet settings? Like I have something enabled that blocks certain videos or what..

13. Shadow9x

Shadow9x Private E-2

Hmm still having trouble..I noticed though when I got on firefox and went to try and play the videos it said something about "Can't create directshow player" ?? so I installed that and the codecs and it still says that??

14. Shadow9x

Shadow9x Private E-2

WOOOT found the problem...apparently I didnt have the latest WMP..I didn't know they had come out with version 10 -_- thanks for all the help though :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds