Toshiba Tecra A3 Graphics + Video drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by Arcaian, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Arcaian

Arcaian Private E-2

Hey everyone ! I have a Toshiba Tecra A3, and I got it a virus or two by mistake :-D .I couldn't clean it, as the virus made it impossible to open a window- from Windows Explorer to the internet, it just was non-responding. Eventually, I wiped the harddrive, and when I re-installed Microsoft Windows XP, I found that the graphics card and video card drivers were very hard to come by. I have tried everything I can think of, short of buying the Driver Direct programs, etc. I still can't find these 2 drivers, so I can only play games that don't require any Direct X - pretty much I can only play Age of Empires I and II. I would really like to use my computer again, so can someone show me where to find them ?

2. Arcaian

Arcaian Private E-2

I have a friend coming over tomrrow and we were going to do multiplayer, so I need the drivers quickly - Can anyone tell me where to get the drivers for free ?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Will need the exact model number as there are at least 8 versions of the A3 is Australia/New Zealand for sale, and most have different components.

You should have a sticker on the bottom with a full SKU code or model number (could look like this sample here >>> PTA30A-01W002

SO go here http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/support and enter the SKU model number or use the "Where do I find my SKU?" link to get the code.

Once you have that pull up the drivers and install the Chipset first and reboot, then install the listed Video Card drivers, followed by any of the missing ones, see Device Manager and any yellow ! marks to find out whats missing.

Acutally also as well as doing the above steps, do the below also and "attach" the log, as your model may have either Intel, ATi or nVidia graphics/video, depends what was specc'd.

4. Arcaian

Arcaian Private E-2

Thanks so much ! I'm going to do that tomorrow - to late now.

5. Arcaian

Arcaian Private E-2

the code on the bottom of my computer is pta30a-01u002, But the letters are in capitals. Thanks for your help!;););):major

6. Arcaian

Arcaian Private E-2

One problem - there is no "Chipset" available to download.

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Some chipsets can come as part of Windows, most dont, so depending on your Grpahic Card installed, install the......

Intel Display Driver or Tecra S2 / A3 Nvidia Display Driver (would need, unless you already know which the graphic card in the PC is, to have the Everest log attached to pick the one for you)

8. Arcaian

Arcaian Private E-2

OK thanks. I love computers sometimes - you fix one and the other breaks =).

9. Arcaian

Arcaian Private E-2

Thanks so much ! It worked fine !

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds