POGO: "The Java Runtime Environment Cannot Be Loaded"

Discussion in 'Software' started by ohlab, Oct 5, 2007.

1. ohlab

ohlab Private E-2

Lately when I try to play any game on POGO, I click "Play Now" and get "The Java Runtime Environment Cannot Be Loaded" The "tech's" at POGO have been totally unable to figure out what the problem is.

I close the screen and then get:

The instruction at "0x01900183 referenced memory at "0x8991e3d9". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program. (the numbers seem to change each time)

Nothing is being blocked in my firewall, and I am using the new "Windows Live OneCare" Antivirus program, and nothing is being blocked in there. My PopUps are not being blocked. My settings in the Tools/Internet Options are all Medium or Low. I Overide automatic cookie handling, and allow 1st and 3rd party cookies, and allow all session cookies. I am not behind a network. I am connected directly to Mediacom High Speed Internet service.

I did the JAVA test during one of the times it worked, and got this output:
    Java 1.6.0_03 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
    Windows XP 5.1 (x86)
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

I have already: 1) Confirmed that all JAVA are Enabled in the "Manage Add-on's", 2) Checked the JAVA Sun Box in Internet Tools Advanced, 3) Uninstalled JAVA and re-installed it from the JAVA site. The ONLY way I have been able to get JAVA to work is to completely uninstall and re-install Internet Explorer 7. Then, it will work for a couple of days, and then error again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds