World suicide prevention day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Paxton007, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

Today (September 10) is world suicide prevention day. My life's been touched by suicide more than once (as recently as 10 days ago). Be kind to someone today that maybe you've never spoken to before. You might never know who you save, but kindness goes a long way, and you might just turn someone around. :major

2. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

I think that people should always be kind to one another. I agree, no one knows what the other person might be dealing with or going through and it doesn't hurt or cost anything to be kind. Even just a friendly smile or a simple courtesy can go a long way in helping/or brightening someones day.

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Sorry to hear of your experience with that, Pax. I'm lucky to never have had to deal with that and hope I never do.

I'm with Dy. There is no reason not to extend kindness to other's for not other reason than that's how human beings should act.

4. silas

silas MajorGeek

I agree to be kind and help and try to do things for others. I have had people take there own life on purpose then I also dealt with friends that were taken in seconds for stupid things that happen in life. But I also think/know theres people out there that just need someone to talk to.

5. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Be good, do good and your sure to get good back, pass it on like in the film ! :)

6. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hey Pax, good point. I have also lost someone to suicide, but not recently, a few years ago. :( When someone thinks they are taking the short way 'out' they don't realize what they are leaving to those they are leaving behind. It has got to be the worst. I hope you are alright.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds