Cleanup software for Win 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by SergioQ, May 30, 2015.

1. SergioQ

SergioQ Private E-2

First off, please believe me....I used the search feature here. But wow, so many results, I couldn't find the OP.

I really think I could use a good CLEANUP tool for Win 7 Home.

Norton finds nothing, but my laptop can get so slow.... I just would rather spend a few bucks to see about cleaning it up before buying a new one.

Thanks.

Sergio

2. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

if you are talking about clean-up of installed programs on your computer then the best software to use is CCleaner you can't beat it.

If's malware then head to malware forum as suggested by JoeRay12. If it's startup programs that you want to cleanup then go to start and run and type msconfig and go to startup and disable programs that you don't want automatically loading up.

3. SergioQ

SergioQ Private E-2

It just says Norton Internet Security. When I ask for the version it just says up-to-date.

4. avondude

avondude Senior Member, 25% Off All Posts

Just my 2 cents. I agree with CCleaner, recommended above. I have tried many and have been very disappointed in the outcome.:cry CCleaner is not real heavy handed and have used it for years no problem. As per other recommendations on this website, from those in the know, I only use the cleaner and leave the registry alone.:)

5. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

6. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

If you main complaint is that the computer is slow, there are several things you can do that may help.

Try this:
    How to Make Your Computer Run Like New in 4 Easy Steps

If you need help with something, just ask.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds