how to update Windows 10 Preview build 10074 to 10122?

Discussion in 'Software' started by usafveteran, Jun 2, 2015.

1. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I have build 10074 installed on a PC as the sole OS and would like to update to build 10122. But, I cannot find anyway to get the OS to update. Have any of you gone through such an update?

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

The current build is 10130. It may be updated again before the final release.

3. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Mine's on 10074 too - I don't think you can influence it yourself.

4. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Click Start button, in search type settings, click Settings, click Update & Security, click advance options under Windows Update, at bottom change Slow to Fast under Choose how preview builds are installed. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Using Build 10130 at present. Getting familiar with the OS on an old Dell laptop (Inspiron 1521). After update from 10074 I had a windows.old folder.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Bugballou nailed it. You guys need to get off the slow ring to see faster updates.

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

I do believe that the slow build is about to get 10130. It is coming soon. They want to patch it first, but it should come soonish. Also, they are allowing .ISO builds for this too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds