Should I Remove It?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Caliban, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings...

A client pointed me to the following website: Should I Remove It.com. It looks legitimate and very helpful. I am in the process of testing their downloadable app for functionality and safety.

I have already scanned the program with VirusTotal.

My question: has anyone used this site and/or the app? Any feedback appreciated - thanks in advance.

2. Caliban

As a followup: loaded the exe, no bundled software. The app scans your machine for installed programs and presents the info along with ratings and links to additional in-depth info pages. Don't see anything wrong with it at all.

The attached pic is the program. The link is to the SIRI page the app linked me to when I asked for more information about an installed program - my example was ImgBurn.

SIRI info page about ImgBurn

Attached Files:

3. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  4. Caliban

Thanks, man - good to know.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I look at several sites, including should I remove it. I also find the PCPitstop Library of programs is useful. http://www.pcpitstop.com/libraries/
    After I look at a few sites, if I'm still not clear - I keep whatever I was researching.
    It's better to have something I might need than to break something.

6. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds