Game crashes and troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Software' started by CTHULHU, Aug 5, 2005.

1. CTHULHU

CTHULHU Private E-2

So I built this computer, right? And I'm all like a carney with a new ride, all excited and shit. So I install the Riddick game, Doom 3, and Dawn of War. Half-Life to and WoW wont run until I get my internet connection on monday, which I can deal with. I'm posting this from my room mate's pc. Anyhoo, start playing the games, and within a few hours I come to the realization that every single game is crashing. Not even in the same place, but anywhere, it doesn't even have to be in gameplay for Dawn of War. I downloaded the newest driver for my vid card (GeForce 6800GT) and installed it, to no avail. I'm using Direct X 9.0c. I have no idea what the problem is. Anyone have any ideas? :confused:

-Cthulhu... that cute, cuddly, slavering god of madness...

2. GeForce

GeForce Private E-2

Do you have Fast writes on? Also do you have sufficient cooling? Post some of your other system specs. I know for a whiel i had many crashes due to my ram. So post some stuff including your PSU.

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

More info can and will be helpful:

Read and follow this post:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/announcement.php?f=16

It will help me and others with your situation! :)

Also, for your particular game(s), have you downloaded the latest patches for your game(s).?

Have you installed the latest video drivers? Did you recently upgrade a video card? If you recently upgraded a video card, then I highly recommend, uninstalling the previous drivers.

Just some tips....to help you on your quest of having a good gaming box...... :)

4. CTHULHU

CTHULHU Private E-2

Aight, here's what i'm running with:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+
    NVIDIA Geforce 6800GT (manufactured by Leadtek)
    2 x 512 sticks corsair ram
    K8N Neo2 Platinum (manufactured by MSI)
    120 gig hard drive (Seagate)
    Sony DVD/CD rom combo drive
    The case came with a 350 power supply

Both the processor and the video card have heatsinks on them and I have a top fan and a side panel fan. My PC Alert is reading the temp. of the cpu anywhere between 96-106 and the system temp reads at about 86 at any given point in time.

5. CTHULHU

CTHULHU Private E-2

I'm also using windows xp pro, and my processor is 2.21 ghz

6. CTHULHU

CTHULHU Private E-2

I upgraded my power supply to 550 watt today, and I'm still crashing

7. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Read above ^^

8. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Fast wrights on this board is a killer,it halfs my 3dmark score,then causes it to restart without warning :rolleyes: disabling in bios is the best way of gettin rid :rolleyes:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds