Realtek AC'97 Audio Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PaiinKiilla, Jun 16, 2006.

1. PaiinKiilla

PaiinKiilla Private E-2

Ok, I have just borrowed a sweet computer from my school over the summer to learn the program 3DS MAX, and to my surprise, no audio at all!! The computer was made by students at my school, and has a 2.17 GHz AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 1gb of ram, the works to run that program. It is a great computer but the audio does not work at all!! I have updated the driver just in case and still nothing. It states that it is working proporly in device manager, and the AC97 sensor "Gigabyte Jack-Sense" detects any speaker, headphone, or microphone I put into the input spots. I have looked up some other problems with the "Realtek AC'97 Audio Controller", but most have installing problems, and are very confusing from what I know. SO the main thing is, can anyone help me get audio out of my computer, it would be greatly appreciated. . THankyou

Thankyou

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2006
  2. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

Good evening!:) I edited out your email address so it doesn't get picked up by spam bots. Besides, it is best to keep the discussion of your issue in the thread where you can get as much feedback as possible and those who may be able to help as they also benefit from seeing what has or has not been suggested.

Good luck!

3. matheu

matheu Private E-2

open your sound manager and make sure the volume slider is not all the way down. (In the master volume control)

4. Emin

Emin Private E-2

Check if all audio devices cables are corretly connected.

Check if you got the appropriate driver.

Or, reinstall the driver.

Or, in device manager make sure it says "This device is working correctly".

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds