Remove Yahoo Toolbar

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kay Three, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Kay Three

Kay Three Private E-2

I'm getting tired of removing the Yahoo toolbar from my system. Yes, I know, it's my fault for not finding and unchecking the Add Yahoo Toolbar box each and every time. Can I add Yahoo to my spam blocker? This time when I did Start - Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs - Yahoo Toolbar - Remove, a window popped up saying something about not being able to find the uninstaller. I tried again and the entry disappeared from the Add/Remove list but the toolbar is still at the top of my browser. Now I just highlited a word to change it and a Yahoo icon popped up, and now a search menu --- OH THIS IS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL - HELP!!!! HOW DO I ESCAPE YAHOOZILLA!!!!!!!

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

The uninstaller for a particular app (yahoo) is damaged or missing. In this case, I use this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 5.0

I know MG has one but it's outdated.

3. Goldheart

Goldheart Private E-2

Just install the yahoo toolbar again, reboot, then uninstall.

4. bruceb

bruceb Private E-2

5. Kay Three

Kay Three Private E-2

Wow, Thanks guys for considering and responding to my post. I've decided I got stuck with the Yahoo Toolbar when I downloaded Flash. I was having a lot of trouble getting it to download and surely during one of the many trys I probably forgot to uncheck the box. I tried the MS procedure as well as the Pencil > Edit > Uninstall. Neither worked on my system. Somehow I got the idea from someone that one of my antivirus or antispyware programs may be blocking the uninstall so I dumped all my anti's except Norton and I disabled it - no change. Then I did Tools on the IE7 top tool bar > Manage Add-Ons > Enable or Disable Add-Ons, found Yahoo Toolbar and Yahoo Toolbar Helper in the list and disabled both. Did a restart and the Yahoo Toolbar was gone. I'm not real sure why I chose to do the disable add-ons thing, but that's when the Yahoo Toolbar finally disappeared. Goldheart, I really like the idea about reinstall and uninstall. Should this ever happen again that's the first one I'm trying. Thanks Everyone, Kay.

6. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

I don't know how many times I have uninstalled that toolbar. Seems to be a neverending mission .:rolleyes:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds