Hard Drive that wasn't formated says it is.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Eilelwen, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Eilelwen

Eilelwen Private E-2

I have a USB harddrive, that randomly and unexpctendly said it was formated, I have unpluged/turned it off corectly every time, and it has only moved between a few computers. I am wondering if there is a way to recover the data off of this without spending major money, I have already tried a few programs. But they have done nothing for me thanks.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

With a format, there will always be data loss. What programs have you tried? Did you check drive tools here? Data recovery can cost thousands of dollars, its not affordable for the home user.

3. Eilelwen

Eilelwen Private E-2

all of the programs I have tried are from major geeks although, as I'm new to the hard drive recovery I'm not sure which ones to try. I have so far just tried stellar phoenix, that reported that the drive had server errors. And the advaced search is not that feasible as florida resets my power daily.

Is there any other program I could try? thanks for you help.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds