blue screen 0x0000007b windows xp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sbrakey50036, Mar 6, 2008.

1. sbrakey50036

sbrakey50036 Private E-2

I have a big problem that I have no idea how to fix. computer froze last night. turned it off and then back on, got a screen that apologized and said windows could not load, then it had selections for me to pick, safe mode, safe mode w/ commands, last known, windows normally, etc, if i pick safe mode it wont load, last known or windows normally, a blue screen pops up for just a sec saying something about stop 0x0000007b f7a23528 c00000034 i cant get the rest. I turn it on and off a hundred times and it will not load. i get the same screens all the time. I hit f8 for safe mode and it will not load. I tried f10 and got that info page and did a hard drive test and it said test status fail #1-07. The last thing downloaded was an itunes update. if you need any more info let me know.

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

heres some info on that error.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

my guess would be to try and repair your windows installation. If you have a windows installation cd (full, not upgrade) you can use the repair console and run chkdsk
    Will likely fix the problem.

3. sbrakey50036

sbrakey50036 Private E-2

i dont have the cd, it came loaded on the computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds