Disc scratched

Discussion in 'Software' started by BanC, Jul 8, 2003.

1. BanC

BanC Private E-2

I have combat flight simulator and the second disc is scratched on the top of it. I had the back side resurfaced, however with the top being scratched my computer will not read all the files on the disc. My computer reads all but 17 files on the disc. Is there a way to fix it so my computer will read it or is there a place I can download just the files that I need?
    1.2 ghz
    192 mbs of ram
    nvidia grapics card

2. David983es

David983es Private First Class

I think you are out of luck, The inside of the coating on the back of a cd is highly reflective aluminum so the laser will read properly, once it is damaged, it would be very difficult if not impossible to recoat the surface and make it seamless.

I found this with a google search Disk repair links and this article Repairing scratched CDs. None of them talk about the back side though.

3. BanC

BanC Private E-2

Thats what I am trying to do now. But none of my friends have this game. I am now trying to find somebody on line that will just send my the files I need through email. Or a site that I can download just certain files from. Or somebody that would make me a copy and mail it to me would be great. Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds