internet activity

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pirate24, Feb 9, 2005.

1. pirate24

pirate24 Private E-2

a disgruntled employee told my supervisor i was doing inappropriate things at work on my computer. because of this my computer was taken to investigate my internet/email activity. i run absolute shield track eraser daily on my computer and my question is could records still be found. if sohow can i keep my computer clean in the future

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

don't do inappropriate things with your computer;)

3. pirate24

pirate24 Private E-2

i have not was just accused of it but it is still worrisome when someone takes your computer away from you. how would you like it. quit assuming things.

4. Freddy

Freddy Sergeant

Put it this way..a recent case made the news of a 'bad person' who was arrested after his computer was confiscated and images were recovered from his drive. Which was after he used tools that erased data to 'government' standards.

Once you load something on your computer, evidence of it is all over your computer, even after the file itself is wiped (ex, your swapfile). You also have to take into consideration other computers and services through which your data has been passed. These you cannot control.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds