Realtek high definition audio driver doesn't work can you give me any help?

Discussion in 'Software' started by kkOr4b, May 25, 2011.

1. kkOr4b

kkOr4b Private E-2

Hi to everyone

My problem is that I can't hear the sound playing in my pc and that's wierd.

I looked through all the threads but still I doesn't get a way to fix my problem even that my pc has the same way which is mentioned in the some threads here in MG.

Also I have make a Everest scan report and attached here

Can you any of you give me a simple way of solving this problem.
    Also I had to mention that I used to do disabling then uninstalling, Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio after this uninstalling driver rebooting pc installing driver latest version 2.60 and still it doesn't work.

What to do any way to solve this problem?

Attached Files:

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, kkOr4b, and welcome to MajorGeeks.

Odd - your report is showing a VIA VT8237A/8251 High Definition Audio Controller, not a RealTek.

Is this an OEM machine (Dell, Gateway, etc.)? If so, what is the make and model number, Service Pack #, etc.? And, are there any flags showing in your Device Manager?

I would guess that a reload of the VIA chipset drivers for your machine is in order, but we need more info before recommending the correct package.

3. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello Caliban,
    Maybe you can confirm this. At the end of the everest report, the motherboard was listed as a DMIMOBO: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD MS-7387.
    I googled MSI MS-7387 and it is also given the number P4M900M3-L.

That motherboard and drivers are listed here.

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P4M900M3-L.html#?div=Detail

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Hey, tgell.

The MSI link looks good to me.

@ kkOr4b - I may stand corrected. That link does show Realtek downloads. I still suggest reloading the chipset drivers, however, then continuing on with the audio.

5. kkOr4b

kkOr4b Private E-2

so you said that I need to reload or redownload via chipset drivers can you refer me any links in that.
    also yes in Device Manager I see 2 flag errors in VIA drivers.

anything else

6. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi the link for your systems drivers are here.....

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P4M900M3-L.html#/?div=Driver&os=XP 32

select te chipset driver then pick your location and download and follow the instructions. You must reboot your machine after each install.

iain.t :major

7. kkOr4b

kkOr4b Private E-2

Thanks to all you but I have recently installed some of the drivers in this pc does I need to install all downloaded drivers from MSI without uninstalling installed drivers?

Can anyone give me an answer for this.

Also now I have downloaded drivers what should I do install them?

8. kkOr4b

kkOr4b Private E-2

I have formatet again my computer and still the same problem even I have installed the required drivers from the PC's CD but still I don't have sound.

I downloaded EVEREST and made a Report with it.

Check it out and try to help me if you can.

I tried to disable then uninstall Microsoft UAA driver then install Realtek driver but nothing.

Any help?

Attached Files:

9. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    could you please take a screen shot of your device manager with the sound/video and games controllers expanded (click on the + beside it) and any that have any yellow ! or ? showing.
    To take a screen shot open device manager, close/minimise any other windows that are open, then press Prt Sc SysRq key at the top of your keyboard, open Paint and click on paste, you will now have an image there of what shows in the device manager, save that image by clicking save and rename it as prtdv, then upload with your next post.
    When you installed the drivers this time, in what order did you install them..
    this is the way that I advise people to install them....
    1.) Chipset
    2.) Video
    3.) Audio
    4.) Network- Modem/Lan/Wan

iain.t :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds