Install drivers.......to where???

Discussion in 'Software' started by Port-O-San, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Port-O-San

Port-O-San Corporal

Went to MSI, downloaded drivers for my MSI nvidia 4400 video card.
    When trying to install, instruction window asks me where to install to......... and I am lost for an answer.:confused

Blessings,
    Port-O-San

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Port-O-San

Does it give you a suggestion as to where to install as many of the older and OEM drivers come as .exe's and tend to need unpacking first ( as in uncompress the files to a temp location ) then, they or you install from there.

If you have screenshot of the message please post it, it will give better idea.

Edit: Just downloaded some MSI Ti4400 drivers off MSIs Driver pages to test with and if this is the box you get below then install where it says ( ps D:\temp2 is a HD and temp location of mine ) yours does not have to be the same, either create a new folder or go with the suggestion they list, then if the driver doesnt auto install open that folder and click the Setup.exe file

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  3. Port-O-San

Port-O-San Corporal

Halo =

Got this before your edit, made a folder to unzip to, did so, read the readme file and am in there like swimwear!
    Thanks so much - this ain't the first time you've educated me - if you're ever in Daytona Beach, make sure I know it - I'll comp your room at the motel we work at.
    Blessings,
    Port-O-San

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Glad your sorted Port-O-San, cheers on the motel room, very kind of you.

:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds