multiple instances of iexplore.exe

Discussion in 'Software' started by fmBrownU, Jan 25, 2007.

1. fmBrownU

fmBrownU Private E-2

One of my users is getting multiple instances of iexplore.exe opening when she opens her browser (using the regular desktop shortcut) and it prevents IE from working when it is opened again. The multiples are listed in the Processes list in the Task Manager, and you have to manually End each one and then things work.

I googled this and found that I could run the 'a-squared' malware tool and that they said it was a trojan is named something as: "Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.acp" or "Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Small.nz". But I ran that scan and found nothing. I have Symantec Anti-Virus with live updates running on our network and Exchange server and it also found nothing when I ran a scan.

What is making this happen and how can I fix?

Thanks!

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

:eek: sorry trying to answer another thread and didn't know how to delete my post:cry

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds