New issue - Microphone

Discussion in 'Software' started by Roystacy, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Roystacy

Roystacy Private First Class

Okay, now for my next experiment, I need to know if MG or anyone else for that matter has a program to use my microphone to record stuff on my laptop. Reason is I have cassette tape with an interview that I need transferred to a CD. I have a machine that records off a microphone directly to a CD, but it does not want to work. I just get that shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound. It has two ports so I tried the mic on them both, same results. I figured I'd play the tape in a quiet room and record using the mic. As of yet, nothing works but I never stop trying, especially since you guys have helped me from day one. Thanks.

Oh, my laptop is a Dell with XP, MP10, WinDVD, Realplayer and Quicktime.

Thanks

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> Entertainment --> Sound Recorder

This app will record the mic input in .WAV format. Use Nero or equivalent to burn as an audio CD.

3. Roystacy

Roystacy Private First Class

Thanks!! I also found through Microsoft how to extend the sound time beyond the one minute it usually holds. Now, I have a blank that it copies over that holds 30 minutes. Thanks again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds