Shareware For Missing \system32\ Missing File ???

Discussion in 'Software' started by gregory447, Jul 24, 2007.

1. gregory447

gregory447 Private E-2

Hello, I am running WinXP Home SP2. I have been trying to use the clipboard and can't find the file. I have visited many sites and all tell me the same. The clipboard in Win XP has become the ClipBook Viewer. As I was told, I did a
    system check for all files and folders for clipbrd.exe..........
    Even: %windir%\system32\clipbrd.exe Nothing.......
    I am convinced that the file is missing and need to find a
    download somewhere. I don't want to pay $60 for MS tech
    support. Perhaps someone knows of shareware that would
    have clipbrd.exe One site suggested a free download of
    Word Perfect 12, because there is a clipboard in it, but I
    was unable to download it. It might have been illegal
    anyway. Any ideas guys ???

2. BirdBath

BirdBath Sergeant Major

Put in your XP CD and do the same search but target your CD drive when it asks where you want to search.

3. gregory447

gregory447 Private E-2

No luck in search on XP CD search for clipbrd.exe or clipsrv.exe Found clipsrv.exe in current system32 file but could not open it or pin it to start menu. MS site just told me in archive search that ClipBook Viewer is in system32 file as clipsrv.exe. Thanks

4. gregory447

gregory447 Private E-2

It has been a big problem in forums for XP users. Some suggest downloading clipboard from an older version of Windows, but I don't have access.

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

You may need to show hidden files by clicking Tools, then Folder Options and select Show hidden files and folders.

Steve

6. gregory447

gregory447 Private E-2

Thanks Steve, but "show hidden files and folders" was already checked/enabled in tools for folder ops in search.

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Everything on the XP CD is compressed, how do you propose that the file found would be found?

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

See if there is a clipbrd.ex_ on the CD.

9. gregory447

gregory447 Private E-2

No clipbrd.exe or clipsrv.exe was found on CD. The search only lasted very few seconds. Is this normal on a Win XP Home CD search. Baffled. Thanks Friend.

10. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Local Drive C > Windows > Service Pack Files > i386, and look for clipbrd.

If it's there, right-click and choose Pin to Start menu.

Steve

11. gregory447

gregory447 Private E-2

Thanks again. I searched C:Windows>Service Pack Files> i386 clipbrd and the results showed two Help Files for Clipbrd. One was 25kb and the other was 45kb. They were files that only explained how to use clipboard.

12. BirdBath

BirdBath Sergeant Major

I should have said this in my first post. I did something similar last night when talking to HopperDave. I need to take a break man. It wont happen again.

13. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Instead of using the Search function, use Windows Explorer and do a manual search for clipbrd.

Steve

14. Ironsnipe

Ironsnipe Private First Class

i'll email you the file, this is rediculous

15. gregory447

gregory447 Private E-2

I don't understand how a file is emailed, but I am very grateful for your effort my friend. Please instruct me about getting the file from Outlook Express to my system and how to pin it to start menu. I apologize for my ignorance. Your subnovice, Gregory Thanks !!!

16. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

There is nothing ridiculous about it, its called troubleshooting, and you are not legally allowed to redistribute Microsoft files. rolleyes

17. gregory447

gregory447 Private E-2

Do you have my email addie, Ironsnipe ?

18. gregory447

gregory447 Private E-2

No email. Problem unsolved.:cry

19. gregory447

gregory447 Private E-2

I now believe that clipbrd.exe was probably erased during a few clean-ups I did, when files are erased that you never use, to free up space on your hard drive. Lesson learned.

20. gregory447

gregory447 Private E-2

My problem has been solved. Please see the July 27/07 new Thread: "Recovery Instructions for lost file of Windows XP HSP2".

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds