Some Sort of Search virus

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by galandrius, Jun 3, 2007.

1. galandrius

galandrius Private E-2

Hey guys im new to this board and i wanted to see if any1 can help with my lil issue i am having. I am gonna give the best description of my problem that ihave.
    The issue my pc is having is some sort of search type problem. Like after a while my pc will do a large amount of searching through the pc. you know, the one with the little dog on it searching. it does it like 50 times and it really slows the pc. among that it does searches through music programs like winamp, or windows media. it completely takes over the internet as well. it does searches and then the it automatically types in weird charcaters. as i am typing this its doing this to me. i have done everything from reformating from scratch to swtching anti virus programs to swithcing from ie to firefox. PLEASE HELP

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to MG's..

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Hello and welcome to Major Geeks

The searching you describe may not be due to malware at all. If you have either the Microsoft or the Google, Yahoo or other indexing service running, perhaps installed with a 'toolbar' you would see this.

If Chaslang in malware clears your post of scans post again in software.

Studio T

5. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Hello and Welcome ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds