Issues connecting to server.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Laser159020, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Laser159020

Laser159020 Private E-2

My company uses Netscreen remote to allow access to the servers in our main office. I connect netscreen to the appropriate connection, and it says sucessfully connected. When I search for one of the servers by IP address, sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't. Even when it does show up, it gets dicey and disconnects on its own. We cannot connect to our network drives or run apps requiring a link to the servers unless this issue is resolved. One of the people in my office is able to search for and find the servers, but when she tries to open it and map network drives, it gives her an error message saying she cannot connect from that location. The other server allows her access to the network drives on that server, however that is not the server she needs to run apps. Our link to the servers via Netscreen remote seems to work sometimes and conk out other times. We are not changing anything, it just cuts the link on its own, however Netscreen claims to still be connected. The IT guy in the main office can't seem to figure out what is wrong as it seems we are properly connected, we just can't see the servers. All of our firewalls are disabled. I will gladly disclose any other information you need to help me if you respond to this.

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Don't disclose important info regarding your network to strangers. That means me included. If you must, make up some IP addresses like 10.0.0.1 instead of the real ones.

The exact error message will help you figure this one out. Google it. Have you asked Juniper for help? Their support, particularly the knowledge base, is pretty comprehensive. Are you on VPN? Perhaps, the issue isn't related to your network, but rather the configuration of the file/data server. I'm not IT, so I can't help you.

http://www.juniper.net/customers/support/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds