My Lexmark Z65Photo printer won't print

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AlexP121, Apr 5, 2006.

1. AlexP121

AlexP121 Private E-2

Hi,

My printer light is flashing on the #1 button. I tried taking the paper out, putting new paper in. Turning on and off, swapping the usb cable. I'm, lost and really need to print a documant for a job interview tomorrow. PLEASE help me. I use Dell 8250 with XP. 1 Gig ram. Pentium 4.

Graceously,

AlexP121

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

A flashing light on the printer usually indicates that there's a problem. Make sure that you are full of paper (which you have), you have lots of toner, and that there are no jams (ie, remove ANY bits of paper inside)

If you still have a problem, you can check the print queue by clicking Start --> Printers And Faxes (or double click the icon in control panel)

Here, you will see any jobs in queue for the printer. It could be that one has gone bad, and is preventing any others from being processed. Click Printer --> Cancel all documents to clear it up, and print your document again.

3. AlexP121

AlexP121 Private E-2

I tried everything you stated, but the light is still blinking and I cannot print. I did try the troubleshhoter, but it is a communication issue between the printer and the PC. I have not very much experience in solving this issue. If you know anything else, please help.

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Ahhh, so what you're saying is that the printer can spit out its built-in test pages without a problem, but can't print anything from the computer? Is that how you arrived at this conclusion?

And you've tried swapping the USB cable for a known good one, hmmm?

Does the printer work on other USB ports?
    Do other USB devices work on your USB ports?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Also check in Services ( Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services ) that the Print Spooler service is "started" and set to "automatic"

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds